FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

Image
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

Any references hiding in these? I see something in one that sort of look like it?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

nah nothing in the last pics, too much bare metal, didn't want to put any frosty glasses on it!

as it was there was enough sweat dripping onto it! :oops: :wtf:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Got the possum piss covered doors high pressure washed and picked out the best set, these will be getting stripped of internals and then sent off to blasters.
P1000227.JPG
Also been getting more of the panel work done in the boot and around the back wheel arches
P1000226.JPG
I've also finished all the frame for the fuel tank and surge tank, ready for sheeting over almost.
P1000228.JPG
This is whats left after I ground all the bird shit weld off, will probably cut and re-do this part!
P1000229.JPG
And I've modified the template from the driver side floor to work for the passenger side, so hopefully in the next few days that can be cut out of steel and fitted!
P1000230.JPG
P1000231.JPG
And in other news, I bought a new set of front rims and tyres, the gemini fronts just didn't sit in far enough and they were different brand to the rear rims, so now they are all weld brand and look identical! :) the down side is I thought my wheel studs would be long enough but they aren't so I need to get longer ones which only come in smaller knurled diameter, so I'm going to have to re-drill the hub to suit the smaller studs .... but one from the rear put in place to prove they are in fact long enough!
20171226_125955.jpg
so instead of 4 inch rims I have 5 inch now, and 32mm further in than the 4's, and also 1 inch higher tyre so it should not look as bulged as the others did on the smaller rim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Gareth »

Illegal reference there 202....

I can help out with long studs if you want, I have a heap of surplus ARP ones if you want them.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

illegal ? why is that ?

as for the studs, I've already ordered a new set, but thanks for the offer!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

I think we need to establish "reference" rules....
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Gareth »

As discussed in other threads, that glass could be a shot glass for all anyone would know, I was of the opinion that the reference was to be in a standard commercially available container with label?.... :lol:

I think that it's just good manners to have opened the container also, Ant....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by HQ355 »

Biggvl wrote:As discussed in other threads, that glass could be a shot glass for all anyone would know, I was of the opinion that the reference was to be in a standard commercially available container with label?.... :lol:

I think that it's just good manners to have opened the container also, Ant....
Back in your hole, I’m in charge of policing reference around here ! Go and play with a coke can or something :lol: :lol: :roll:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

home brew ftw!