808 PN switch input

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

808 PN switch input

Post by pman92 »

Can someone just confirm with an 808 with $12p. The Park Neutral input at pin B10 should be earthed when in park and left open circuit when in drive. Or have I wired it up backwards?

Also if using a manual trans does it matter if this is left earthed all the time?

Thanks
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by delcowizzid »

Hook it to the feed from the start relay to the neutral switch
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by Holden202T »

when the pin is grounded the engine will crank, so in a manual its always grounded, and in auto its grounded in park and neutral.
pn switch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by VL400 »

In a manual the pin is left open circuit. The ECU code defaults to manual, but if a ground is present (when in park or neutral, so when cranking) it changes to auto.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by vlad01 »

That's what I thought as everything I make an auto trans patch harness conversion to a T5 one I always end up removing one of the black wires and pin from the connector, copying from a genuine T5 patch.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by Holden202T »

well that diagram makes no sense then!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:well that diagram makes no sense then!
It doesn't, like many of the diagrams there is mistakes or discrepancies here and there to the real wiring I have found, especially VN era diagrams.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by VK_3800 »

If I recall correctly I had to change the VN harness (factory manual) when I swapped to $12P, it was the exact reverse. Maybe where the diagram comes from.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 808 PN switch input

Post by vlad01 »

No thats in the VN diagram.