Little workshop of horrors

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by vlad01 »

lol, reminds me of a VN I bought with both side of the block missing and fine metal powder in what was left of the sump, was the rod at some point.

Still ran and drove ok apart from a knocking sound and violent vibration lol.
oss96
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:08 am
cars: 96 Vs ss manual
97 Vs v8 Calais
09 Ve ssv manual
17 vf ssv redline manual
Location: Central Queensland

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by oss96 »

Haha gold.
Eaton 18 speed, snapped input shaft, 60t loaded with logs
Driver 'will I be on move soon mate?' yeah sure mate, when the tow truck gets here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by vlad01 »

This one I did few years ago, cross flow ford 6 in an old school transit van.

Gasket blew, lost all coolant. Cracks between all valves and plugs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Charlescrown »

I have a Ford/Mazda Diesel van that I pulled apart 15 years ago and every combustion chamber was cracked between the valves. Took it to a mate who does engine work and he said to just peen it down with a small hammer so that's just what I did. It has never lost coolant "touch wood" all these years.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Gareth »

18A70C40-BCFE-4ADC-BB0C-754D2E1631EB.jpeg
39E95621-59DF-4C14-B1CC-31F77AA3C876.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by delcowizzid »

That's probably what mine look like
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Gareth »

Customer - 'started making a little noise on start up'....
74C4B946-B45D-4960-8A47-72E06F025D85.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by immortality »

Bearings are optional :)
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by HQ355 »

There not the engine mounts in Vlads company car ?
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by firebug »

I'm surprised the belt is still intact... :shock:
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"