Steel welding/jig table build plus other projects
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Steel welding/jig table build plus other projects
Now that the welder is going I thought I would build a steel welding table that can also be setup to hold manifold jigs etc and probably get a vice attached somewhere too.thanks to a mate who has an infinite supply of 50x50 in 2400 lengths it hasn't cost anything yet lol was going to be 1200x600 but I'm wondering if I leave it at 500 it's quite a nice looking size .might get some legs on it shortly if I can make up my mind on how high to make it lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
That is going to be one heavy mother....
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
She's got some weight all right lol thin wall luckily or she be a tank lol it's got legs tacked on just need to tweak a couple then fully weld it up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
Put a couple of cross braces between the legs and make yourself a shelf underneath at the same time.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
Yeah will get some bracing and a shelf for sure
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
yeah thats definitely going to be solid 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
stacking all those box tubing together is a great idea! I might do the same for my bench that I have the frame and legs sitting around for about 4 years. I was looking for a 1/2 to 1" suitable plate for the top but havn't seen anything anywhere even close to it. I just wanted a solid work bench where I can mount a vice without the lot tipping over when I work on it and this might just work!
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
1” thick !! Are you building a tank ?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
Thick is good you just tack your parts down no flexing or nothing
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Steel welding/jig table build
Thick is good but you have to be able to lift it as well ! 12-16mm is about the average for industrial applications and I’ve never been able to flex one