DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

20180530_153829.jpg

This is them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
oldn64
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 am
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina
Location: Country Victoria on a direct road to WINTON

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by oldn64 »

Pads and caliper does look familiar.... (excuse the pun)

Might have to rip off a wheel when I get home and have a look at the TX3. wish i could get a caliper rebuild kit for the rear of this thing... have a seized one and cannot get a kit anywhere PBR dont even make one :(

cheers
oldn64
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

Bit of firewall in scored half a sheet of panel steel today
20180617_173300.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

I'm not seeing any CAD work.... :)
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

Can't tack cad to steel lol just go at it lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Holden202T »

the gearbox is going to take up half the cabin hehe!
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

I'll do the whole bellhousing budge done in the thinner sheet first then I'll make the middle in 3mm so I don't need a seperate scatter sheild
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
oldn64
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 am
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina
Location: Country Victoria on a direct road to WINTON

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by oldn64 »

delcowizzid wrote:I'll do the whole bellhousing budge done in the thinner sheet first then I'll make the middle in 3mm so I don't need a seperate scatter sheild
That sounds very defeatist Delco, you thinking you will blow it up????

:P

cheers
oldn64
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

Probably more a requirement when going faster than a certain ET/speed.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

I definitely would want more shielding seeing how close the TC and trans is are in line with your legs. Those things when they explode are terrifying even with a Kevlar blanket.

Seen plenty shoot their guts through all the shielding, tunnel door and roof. Luck all failures I had seen were out the right ride on LHD cars. They seem to all explode out on the right side, not a good thing for RHD lol