Did the rear shocks on the Calais, the old ones athough not totally shot had definitely seen better days. Also changed the diff mount which turned into a PITA but it may also explain some of the strange behaviour in the car. I'm almost certain the rear subframe is out of alignment. But at least the rear end now feels a lot firmer.
0-02-07-6c2e481380d4585a10a5f64f332237f1e213bf15b7d3e9a6e4d97cc466c141a4_e9cdfb7a.jpg
The mount is as far back is it will go in the mounting slots, if you look at the bushes you can see the diff is pushing towards the back of the car and if you look very carefully you can see the passenger side is slightly further back than the drivers side
I'm thinking maybe the front subframe bushes need replacement ASAP. Then to figure out how to get the whole subframe back into alignment.
vlad01 wrote:That's part of it, but it's just jap and Asian car maker mentality. Actually just about anything technological from those counties have little to no logic in their designs and are a nightmare in general, Japan especially.
LOL yep, I'm finding that out fast...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.