Sort of, mostly really old games but one simulator I muck around with brings modern top of the line hardware to it's kees. My current hardware struggles big time on 900p res lol. Forget even 1080pKen wrote:Sounds like you'd be a gamer, my rig doesn't get much more load than IDA or PE Explorer disassembling whatever I'm into for the moment.
Soldering iron and retro hardware
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
Xtree Gold, hell yeah. File manager of choice. It had a hex viewer or editor too I think. So before windows, was very convenient to use. And supported 60 line text modes. Eventually XTree for windows came out, but by then there wasnt really much point anymore. I tried that but never got in to it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
XTreeWin SUCKS at best!
Yup, xtg has a hex viewer/editor.
Also has viewers/editors for other file formats as well.
-Enjoy
: )_~
Yup, xtg has a hex viewer/editor.
Also has viewers/editors for other file formats as well.
-Enjoy
: )_~
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
Yeah and undelete. So useful.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
You mean 'Oops!' ...
Branch compare.
I definitely credit xtg for my understanding of file management.
-Enjoy
: )_~
Branch compare.
I definitely credit xtg for my understanding of file management.
-Enjoy
: )_~
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
Wow, would have thrown away a few hundred $ over the years!Ken wrote:Regular 320g ide on the left, and a huge 190mb on the right, which are still fetching north of $200 today, and this is a huge one for it's vintage, I have a 43mb one buried in a box of drives somewhere in the workshop, and dam are they noisy.
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
ahh XTG, I was a Norton Commander guy myself tho 
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
who knows what this is for
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: Soldering iron and retro hardware
Can't see all the ends but they look like standard db9/25 serial cables typical for external modems and such ...ejukated wrote:who knows what this is for
-Enjoy
: )_~
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
philippap14
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:17 pm
- cars: toyota
Re: Soldering iron.
It's a big project you have. Maybe you could post pictures so we can take lessonsvlad01 wrote:I got a few bits like that but no where near that much. I got a nice lot of trays of old stock components from my uncle's LED sign business from 15-20 years ago.
What I have the most of is actually old PC parts, various ram, mother boards, CPUs, heaps of HDDs, DVD burners, floppy drives, GPUs, sound cards etc.. and tons of cables and network bits and bobs.
Another bit lot I got is heaps of engine harness supplies, GM colour coded wires, Delphi terminals and connectors référenceur site web Paris, harness protection and mounting stuff etc.. I got enough to supply myself for a couple of full harnesses from scratch.