USB BDM NT

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by antus »

it could have been, im not sure what the log means, dimented24x7 noticed it first. It could be the log entry from the pcm made itself when the read kernel from pcmhammer was executed on it. i thought it was a flash log, but in reality the pcm cant know if the uploaded kernel is intending to read or write. its not well known or understood, and mostly not relevant to anything so not much research has been done.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
turbo_v6
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by turbo_v6 »

I spent some time last night working with the developer of the USB BSM NT and he got the xml file defined correctly for me.

So I bit the bullet and tried a flash.... :shock:

Well.... IT WORKED!

It did a full flash in ~45 seconds
Screenshot 2019-02-08 22.00.04.png
I then verified by reading via PCM Hammer and HPTuners. Now I'm thinking I might hardwire the BDM into the PCM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by antus »

Excellent work! If its a bench pcm and/or your happy to test flash kernels hard wired is a good idea. Ill use this too when we do p59 full os flash.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
NSFW
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 am

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by NSFW »

Nice!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by Dylan »

I have a VZ PCM that's currently tuner locked. I'm happy to help with any trials of it helps.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by antus »

I just noticed its the intel chip. Still great but we'll still be needing an amd config for the majority of p59s, including yours dylan. All the aussie p59s were amd.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
turbo_v6
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by turbo_v6 »

antus wrote:Excellent work! If its a bench pcm and/or your happy to test flash kernels hard wired is a good idea. Ill use this too when we do p59 full os flash.
Sorry, it’s already hardwired on my bench. What I meant was I would like to hardwire it into the PCM enclosure so I could use this to flash my truck all the time since it’s so fast.
antus wrote:I just noticed its the intel chip. Still great but we'll still be needing an amd config for the majority of p59s, including yours dylan. All the aussie p59s were amd.
Yes, it is the intel chip. I may buy myself a PCM with a AMD flash chip. Is there a confirmed hardware number that is interchangeable?

EDIT:
Well it looks like I already have one! haha my original truck PCM is a 12581565. So I guess I'll be tearing it apart lol
Photo Feb 09, 10 36 30 AM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by Gampy »

bubba2533,

Are you saying that is an AMD Flash Chipped unit?

That is exactly the type of information that I would like to see included in P01 and P59 Operating Systems thread.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
turbo_v6
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by turbo_v6 »

I haven’t confirmed that yet.

Goes to get torx bits...
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by Gampy »

O, Ok.

I have not personally opened and confirmed, however it is my understanding that the following are AMD Flash chipped units.

Service Number, Hardware Number
12586243, 12583659 - IAC = Yes
12586242, 12583660 - IAC = No

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!