USB BDM NT

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
turbo_v6
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by turbo_v6 »

Well, looks like that's a Intel flash chip too.
Photo Feb 09, 11 53 47 AM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by Gampy »

Rats, to close, can't see if it has the IAC driver chip, does it?

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
turbo_v6
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by turbo_v6 »

Yes, it has the IAC driver.
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by Gampy »

Sweet ... Noted!

Much Thanks.

: )_~
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by antus »

Which chip is the iac driver in the photo?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by DavidBraley »

antus wrote:Which chip is the iac driver in the photo?
This link will show you:

http://www.lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by MudDuck514 »

DavidBraley wrote:Thanks everyone, and yes it was a lot of effort. But I have a tendency to put more work into things than they really need. Sorry if this post is a little long...

I built my programming cable to have these features. On one end is the voltage input to the cable (I use a 13 volt supply). It has a safety fuse (1 amp) and a voltage meter so I know what the cable is being feed. This input voltage is controlled through a switch that sends it to pins 19 (ignition) and 20 (battery) on the blue connector. I also feed ground to pin 60 on the blue connector.

David

Hi all,

David, is this interface ALSO used with the AllPro USB etc , and PcmHammer? Or do you have a 2nd interface for that?

How about a schematic, and parts list, with source info? Meaning where/who you got the parts from.

Mike
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by antus »

The switch should be on ignition but not on b+ like in the car. Though its nice to be able to turn it all off too, probably at the power supply.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by DavidBraley »

MudDuck514 wrote:David, is this interface ALSO used with the AllPro USB etc , and PcmHammer? Or do you have a 2nd interface for that?

How about a schematic, and parts list, with source info? Meaning where/who you got the parts from.

Mike
Mike,

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but I will try to answer anyway...

The cable I built myself out of parts I had here already. The bench programming cable I use with the USB BDM NT device is NOT the bench programming cable I use with PCM Hammer. For using the USB BDM NT device, I put power to the ignition and battery pins on the PCM at the same time. Maybe I should put a switch on the ignition too? I can easily add a switch (I do have a switch on the PCM ignition pin on the bench programming cable I made for PCM Hammer). Both PCM ignition and battery power is the same 12.8 volts on the BDM bench programming cable. I do have a switch for the 12 volt erase/write programming line that goes to pin WPP. I also have a separate volt meter for that line because it has a narrow band of acceptable voltage you can send to it (see post #6 in this thread).

No schematics. I just built it using the USB BDM NT documentation on how to wire up the device, and then just added some features I thought would be handy. I kind of built it on the fly. When you say, "where/who you got the parts from." The parts I used for this project I bought years ago (some more than 30 years ago). It's just made from scraps and bits I have. Even the probe fixture I built here at home was made 100% from stuff I pulled from my material scrap bin. The only parts I purchased are the probe pins for the fixture (see thread #6 for a link). It's part of the reason I built it. Cost me almost nothing.

The USB BDM NT device can be found here: https://www.usbjtag.com/

Let me know if I've answered your questions.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: USB BDM NT

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all.

David, you have answered all of my questions.

Thank you,

Mike