Without me downloading and loading your tune's into efilive, figured I'd ask, seeing you've made a cam change a few posts back, have you played around with end of injection timing at all yet, and if so, how'd you come to the best setting to suit your tune.
I'd also be thinking the VE tables would need a fiddle after each EOIT change.
VY SS Sedan auto
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
No haven’t played with eoi
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
Me $150 intercooler piping kit arrived. Should be enough for one side. I’ll need another one for the passenger side. But I’m undecided on pipe diameter for passenger side. Turbo outlet is 2.5” and cooler is 3”. Some say if you go 3” all the way it adds to lag and some say makes no difference. What’s do all you guys think? 2.5” would be easier to work with bit 3” means I’ve got more then enough left over. I also ordered some generic 2.5” header flanges in 10mm mild steel but the bolt holes are different to the ls2 stock cast manifolds. Anyone know where I can get some good flanges from
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
I do 3" all the way from the turbo.less restriction in the bends
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
3” it is
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
I really need to start making some room
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
its not much bigger than stock hahahaha!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
Stock is only like 2.5” outlet. I’m using sch40 1.5” runners into 3” log. The log will drop down to 2.5” for the cross over. Nothing fancy just getting the job done.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
It really will be a sloppy mechanics build. Even the 45mm turbosmart gate is getting welded off the exhaust housing. The main thing I like about it all, is it’s compact kinda stock looking and proven for an easy 500-600hp.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
Well cold air intake was pretty easy to sort out. Went with the old ss induction setup. Over the radiator into large 4” outlet, dumped right at the turbo. Will just need to add an inclosed filter to complete that side of it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.