VY SS Sedan auto

Post any other rides you have here
Ken
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Ken »

Without me downloading and loading your tune's into efilive, figured I'd ask, seeing you've made a cam change a few posts back, have you played around with end of injection timing at all yet, and if so, how'd you come to the best setting to suit your tune.
I'd also be thinking the VE tables would need a fiddle after each EOIT change.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Wade »

No haven’t played with eoi
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Wade »

Me $150 intercooler piping kit arrived. Should be enough for one side. I’ll need another one for the passenger side. But I’m undecided on pipe diameter for passenger side. Turbo outlet is 2.5” and cooler is 3”. Some say if you go 3” all the way it adds to lag and some say makes no difference. What’s do all you guys think? 2.5” would be easier to work with bit 3” means I’ve got more then enough left over. I also ordered some generic 2.5” header flanges in 10mm mild steel but the bolt holes are different to the ls2 stock cast manifolds. Anyone know where I can get some good flanges from
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by delcowizzid »

I do 3" all the way from the turbo.less restriction in the bends
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Wade »

3” it is
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Wade »

I really need to start making some room
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Holden202T »

its not much bigger than stock hahahaha!
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Wade »

Stock is only like 2.5” outlet. I’m using sch40 1.5” runners into 3” log. The log will drop down to 2.5” for the cross over. Nothing fancy just getting the job done.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Wade »

It really will be a sloppy mechanics build. Even the 45mm turbosmart gate is getting welded off the exhaust housing. The main thing I like about it all, is it’s compact kinda stock looking and proven for an easy 500-600hp.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: VY SS Sedan auto

Post by Wade »

Well cold air intake was pretty easy to sort out. Went with the old ss induction setup. Over the radiator into large 4” outlet, dumped right at the turbo. Will just need to add an inclosed filter to complete that side of it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.