Hi all,
I just picked up a cheap 10/06 falcon sedan with zf 6sp auto & has no other fault codes in engine or abs but in the trans controller it has U0121 (lost communication with abs) & it has no speedo because of this I’m assuming & put it in limp mode!
I’m wondering if anyone else has come across this & may have an idea of what to look at?
bf mkII fault U0121
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
According to a quick google it should be fairly simple, but wiring all looks normal...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
I've had this before swapped speed in from abs to tcs, and disabled vid and it fixed it, was a FG tho.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
Thanks for the info, I’ll try it out!
I’ve asked someone else who’s dealt with these more often but no response so I’ll keep everyone updated!
Thanks again
I’ve asked someone else who’s dealt with these more often but no response so I’ll keep everyone updated!
Thanks again
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
So a bit of an update...
When all faults are cleared & reset the speedo works until it gets to about 40kmh then warning light's flash on dash & speedo cuts out & then everytime it gets to around 40kmh the TCS & ABS & skid lights all flash on.
The other strange thing is although the speedo doesn't work it still clicks over trip metre/odometre but I don't think it's correct as it normally smack on 30kmh drive to work & think it only registered 20kmh.
So I tried swapping speedo source & disable VID but that stops the speedo from even working for that first bit, strange thing with the BF it's set by factory for TCS so I changed it to ABS... the other option there is OSS but I'm not sure what that is & can only assume maybe speed sensor on G/box but I don't think the ZF's have them.
When all faults are cleared & reset the speedo works until it gets to about 40kmh then warning light's flash on dash & speedo cuts out & then everytime it gets to around 40kmh the TCS & ABS & skid lights all flash on.
The other strange thing is although the speedo doesn't work it still clicks over trip metre/odometre but I don't think it's correct as it normally smack on 30kmh drive to work & think it only registered 20kmh.
So I tried swapping speedo source & disable VID but that stops the speedo from even working for that first bit, strange thing with the BF it's set by factory for TCS so I changed it to ABS... the other option there is OSS but I'm not sure what that is & can only assume maybe speed sensor on G/box but I don't think the ZF's have them.
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
OSS is a digital speed reference for B series only, via pin B7 on the ecu.
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
VX L67 Getrag wrote:So a bit of an update...
So I tried swapping speedo source & disable VID but that stops the speedo from even working for that first bit, strange thing with the BF it's set by factory for TCS so I changed it to ABS... the other option there is OSS but I'm not sure what that is & can only assume maybe speed sensor on G/box but I don't think the ZF's have them.
PCMtec gives more options. but sounds like there is a genuine issue, try a ABS module reset with forscan or similar.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
Yeah I think it’s a hardware issue & 99% sure it’s in the abs, I might change vas source back & leave vid disabled.
I don’t have forscan with activation but strange thing is I used my Gscan with latest updates to delete ALL faults & couldn’t remove abs communication issue, but forscan free version did straight away!
So many tools workshop’s need to do various models!
I don’t have forscan with activation but strange thing is I used my Gscan with latest updates to delete ALL faults & couldn’t remove abs communication issue, but forscan free version did straight away!
So many tools workshop’s need to do various models!
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
I'm starting to think "maybe" the disable VID in HPtuners helped & thats why FORScan could clear faults but the Gscan couldn't.. time will tell!
I enabled the FORScan for the free period & hopefully it will help with finding issues as I think it may be a module replaced with mismatch, but as I haven't used it before it will take a bit of playing with to figure out each section.
I enabled the FORScan for the free period & hopefully it will help with finding issues as I think it may be a module replaced with mismatch, but as I haven't used it before it will take a bit of playing with to figure out each section.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: bf mkII fault U0121
Has anyone got a BF MkII sedan with ZF 6speed that they can get a screenshot of the abs module info, I changed mine & didn't keep a backup of what it was before I changed it but it now say's invalid....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.