Vt getrag speedometer
-
Vk304
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 am
- cars: Vk 304 manual
Vt getrag speedometer
Hi thanks for the add. I have a 304 out of a vt with a getrag 290 out of a vt also ,I have the sensor on the gearbox that reads speed off the driveshaft,and the cluster ,how do i connect the two and does it need to run through ecu ?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
I think vs onward it ran to the ECU and back out to the cluster, I could be wrong though.
-
Vk304
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 am
- cars: Vk 304 manual
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
Does it change the signal through the ecu and since I don't have a harness just a gauge cluster, does the gauge use a certain voltage. I'm just trying to see if I can hook the sensor straight up to the gauge and have it go
-
Vk304
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 am
- cars: Vk 304 manual
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
And not the greatest at wiring but with some guidance I can get it done
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
I don't think the ECU changes it at all, just passes through the signal. It will work fine directly to the cluster, after all VN to VP run it through the cluster first and then out via the cluster's divide by 5 output to the ECU.
In my VR I have the signal split and run to both ECU and cluster at the same time since I did a VP harness and 808 with manual conversion on it, works just fine.
In my VR I have the signal split and run to both ECU and cluster at the same time since I did a VP harness and 808 with manual conversion on it, works just fine.
-
Vk304
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 am
- cars: Vk 304 manual
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
Thanks will post again when I try it
-
Vk304
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 am
- cars: Vk 304 manual
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Vk304
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 am
- cars: Vk 304 manual
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
I can trip the kms, warning lights ,indicators and fog but no idea how to get speedometer working
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
you need a 12v square or saw tooth wave going to it?
-
Vk304
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 am
- cars: Vk 304 manual
Re: Vt getrag speedometer
I've got the sender on the gearbox ,its got 2 wires coming from the sender(abs style) that reads a pulley . Where would the 2 wires need to go ,does one directly go to the speed in pin on the cluster?