At first the source for the kernel was kept private, it has since become public.Vampyre wrote:I read somewhere NSFW wasnt posting the kernel data with the rest of the program, is that why When I compile it or run debug with my changes in cant find the kernel and I have to copy paste it from distro version?
Since im loading the kernel to a different address than it was built for could that be causing issues?
The kernel is not built in Visual Studio, it is built from a command prompt.
Install The GCC-m68k toolchain for Windows, open a command prompt, CD to the PcmHacks\Kernels directory and run build.bat
As for moving the kernel in memory, it is easy, however things must all agree with each other, the kernel, and Vehicle.PCMExecute(...).
You cannot just change the memory address in Visual Studio, you must also change it in kernel.ld and rebuild the kernel, it all has to be just right.
In kernel.ld, `.kernel_code` must match Vehicle.PCMExecute(...) in the C# side (CKernelWriter, CKernelReader)
Of course `.kernel_data` cannot over lap `.kernel_code` and vise versa.