Immortalities totally random thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Think I'll attempt a thermostat change tomorrow and finish flushing the engine. I think there is enough room to do the job with the TB off but leaving the elbow in place.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
... and I've been busy out the back of the place. Finally making progress on my pizza oven but then I strained the shoulder so have not made any more progress since last weekend. Only thing left to do now is enclose the sides, make some cabinet doors and then finish the bench tops (tiles).
(forgive the shitty phone pic)
Makes a good fire though and cooks a pizza in a few minutes
Makes a good fire though and cooks a pizza in a few minutes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Nice pizza oven!!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Thermostat change done. spent ages trying to get the original hose off but cut the bugger in the end and put on a new one. Much faster, should have done that from the start. Got the system bled, easy job with the funnel on it. Using straight water and will do another flush and fill with additive this evening. New thermostat is controlling the temp around the 82° with the fluctuating a few degrees up and down as it adjusts flow. Road test soon. Definitely not a job you would want to do with a stock elbow and no spacer under the blower.

Cheers mateHolden202T wrote:Nice pizza oven!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Did another flush on the Calais and topped off with water and Pentrite 10 tenths additive. Engine coming up to temp nice and not running to cool. Call that a win.
Too bloody hot in the house today so went down to the garage and stripped down a brand new 304 GMB water pump ready for modification. When I pressed out the bearing assembly I found this... The bore is badly galled up on one side. I suspect it's not been pressed in straight and if the shaft isn't running true in the bore than it's going to fuck the seal in short order. I bought 2 pumps at the time so have pressed off the impeller on the 2nd pump and removed the back plate ready for mods.
Too bloody hot in the house today so went down to the garage and stripped down a brand new 304 GMB water pump ready for modification. When I pressed out the bearing assembly I found this... The bore is badly galled up on one side. I suspect it's not been pressed in straight and if the shaft isn't running true in the bore than it's going to fuck the seal in short order. I bought 2 pumps at the time so have pressed off the impeller on the 2nd pump and removed the back plate ready for mods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Started a new thread about tuning for colder plugs as I've recently encountered a fouled plug issue during a cold start. Just adding a link here to the thread for future reference.
Tuning for colder Spark Plugs? Cold Start/Idle?
Tuning for colder Spark Plugs? Cold Start/Idle?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Also found the cause of my weird exhaust noise. Broken exhaust manifold stud, front passenger side.
Anyone know what size threads are used in the head? Might just pick up a few bolts. Re-use a few of the original studs where needed and replace the rest with cap screws. Hoping like hell I kept some of the exhaust manifold studs when I scrapped the old V6 motor.
Anyone know what size threads are used in the head? Might just pick up a few bolts. Re-use a few of the original studs where needed and replace the rest with cap screws. Hoping like hell I kept some of the exhaust manifold studs when I scrapped the old V6 motor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Also spent some time digging around my other V6 spares from our old VS and managed to find the old throttle cable so I managed to sort out this.
Just need to attach it to the pedal under the dash and that is sorted.
Now back to painting...
Just need to attach it to the pedal under the dash and that is sorted.
Now back to painting...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
Anybody know of the ecotec V6 and Buick 3800 V6 motors use the same exhaust manifold bolt/stud size?
I have lots of the 3800 V6 ones but no ecotec ones in my buckets of spare bolts.
I have lots of the 3800 V6 ones but no ecotec ones in my buckets of spare bolts.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Immortalities totally random thread
pre eco is 3/8 UNC, eco is 5/16 UNC