Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks guys was pretty sure it was 2nd, I'm just worried about inaccurate fueling if not completely open throttle while I'm making the power line flat!

I'll give it a go though! Cheers!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by The1 »

if you put it in D2, then change D2 2-3 to like 60km/h then 3-2 to 205 it should change into 3rd at 60km/h and goto redline.

EDIT: you might need to set 2-1 to 205 so you dont hit first at 150 :) Redline in Third shouldn't be near 200km/h???
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Cool, Thanks I shall give it a go!

does this mean it will over ride what is commanded in the shift speed table for D2? or should I be modifying that too?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by The1 »

manual selection doesn't seem to use the shift tables. i had changed this for someone before to stay in 1st and seemed to work.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

well this particular beast made 114 rwkw in second gear @ 5500 rpm, now I'm going to put a stage 2 cam in it & will post up the results in 2nd gear to compare & then the proper run in 3rd gear!

Thanks for your help!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by The1 »

sweet
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Still A LOT more work to go I got an extra 10% with having a shit tune in it so far with stage 2 cam I'm expecting a lot better results once I've fine tuned it further!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
User avatar
darcy
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by darcy »

How big is the cam you are fitting?

220 @ .050?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Honestly, I haven't checked the spec's yet as customer supplied it, but I believe this is what it is:

* 216°/216° at .050"
* Intake Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
* Exhaust Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
* 111 LSA
I've also attached 1 before & after xdl for anyone's reference! but as I said no where near finished tuning!

Need to sort out fluctuating idle!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I think I just noticed why the idle issue!!!

It's fluctuating from 5 deg's to 35 deg's timing at idle, If I go closed loop idle will it settle the spark down or is that just for air flow?

What idea's to settle idle spark is it the same as kalmaker type tuning?

Cheers VX L67 getrag