Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

I really don't have that many TBH. It was the days before DLSR cameras and iphones etc :(

But I'll do some searching.

edit, found an engine bay pic,
zoo 024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by MAGP »

Good job on the decking.
Is that an old Link ecu in the SL/E engine bay?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Car wise, First I need to do the intake gaskets on the missus L67 and sort out the diff (hence the press). The VX Calais will cop a LIM modified to suit W2A IC (you never know) and MAT sensor as well as new diff with Eaton Tru-trak and 3.73 ratio diff gears.
Image



Once that is sorted the next job is to get the Senator back on the road.
Image
Which is currently getting this done,
Image
As per this thread, 304 intake manifold swap
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

MAGP wrote:Good job on the decking.
Is that an old Link ecu in the SL/E engine bay?
Cheers.

Yes, very early LINK ecu, what you see in the bay is the LINK ignitor for the coil. Worked reasonably well other than the issue with the ignition which came down to poor install.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Here is pic of the 4BBL TPI injection setup on the SLE.
4bbl TPI setup 002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Holden202T »

Chuff wrote:
immortality wrote:I decided it was better to learn to do shit yourself then spend hard earned $$$ paying someone else to do a half assed job :(
Wiser words have never been spoken. :thumbup:
I think we all learn that lesson sooner or later! :)
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Fortunately I learnt it fairly early.

Went to make a start on the diff today but I can't find the pinion flange adapter tool I made so I can't get the pinion nut undone. FUCK

The only thing I can think off is that it's in my locker at work so I'll have to wait a few days till they open again and check my locker.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Does anybody know the size of the O ring that goes on the stainless heater pipe fitted into the from of the LIM on the V6 engines. I thought I had a spare but I can't find the bloody thing :(

Been one of those days like that :x
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

I was planning on making a start on the Calais today but the weather is crap, it's blowing a bloody gale out there and then get the odd down poor mixed in with it.

Bugger the bloody weather :(
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by psyolent »

Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.