Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Managed to convince the minister of finance I needed new wheels (I really needed a cheer me up after my first week back on shift, night shift). I'm still on restricted duties, doc says another couple of months. Anyway, I got a set 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 mat black wheels.
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-05 at 09.18.24.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-05 at 12.05.04.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-05 at 12.05.45.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-05 at 12.07.22.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-05 at 12.06.39.jpeg
Should be able to fit a 275/30/19 on the rear with a more regular 235/35/19 on the fronts but now I need to sort out something for the rear brakes cause the stock rusty ones just aren't going to cut the mustard. Really need to sort out the camber on the rear wheels too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by Holden202T »

wheels look good man, and your right the brakes a a bit rough haha!
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by jenko »

nice
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

Cheers fellas.

Now I'm on the hunt for a rear brake upgrade. A big brake kit would look nice but I want to be able to run a 15" rim so I'm thinking what ever the brake upgrade for the Senators was on the rear will have to do. The rotors are easy to find but I'm not sure what callipers and brackets are required?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by vlad01 »

is it live axle or irs?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

It's IRS mate.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by vlad01 »

Maybe VT vented brakes?

if it was live you could of picked up some corvette C4 rear calipers reasonably cheap from the US and setup Group A rears, they def fit 15", same diameter just thicker and vented over stock.

I am mostly unfamiliar to what the options on IRS are.
OZ38
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by OZ38 »

The UPC kits off ebay work well on the VS
328mm front discs & 315mm rears. The kits use VE calipers on well designed brackets.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by immortality »

My mate has that kit but I'm wanting to have the ability to run a 15" rim on the rear so it limits my options unfortunately.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Post by HQ355 »

UPC has shut down as well so you’d have to find a second hand kit