FX Holden Race Car Project
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Any references hiding in these? I see something in one that sort of look like it?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
nah nothing in the last pics, too much bare metal, didn't want to put any frosty glasses on it!
as it was there was enough sweat dripping onto it!

as it was there was enough sweat dripping onto it!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Got the possum piss covered doors high pressure washed and picked out the best set, these will be getting stripped of internals and then sent off to blasters.
Also been getting more of the panel work done in the boot and around the back wheel arches
I've also finished all the frame for the fuel tank and surge tank, ready for sheeting over almost.
This is whats left after I ground all the bird shit weld off, will probably cut and re-do this part!
And I've modified the template from the driver side floor to work for the passenger side, so hopefully in the next few days that can be cut out of steel and fitted!
And in other news, I bought a new set of front rims and tyres, the gemini fronts just didn't sit in far enough and they were different brand to the rear rims, so now they are all weld brand and look identical!
the down side is I thought my wheel studs would be long enough but they aren't so I need to get longer ones which only come in smaller knurled diameter, so I'm going to have to re-drill the hub to suit the smaller studs .... but one from the rear put in place to prove they are in fact long enough!
so instead of 4 inch rims I have 5 inch now, and 32mm further in than the 4's, and also 1 inch higher tyre so it should not look as bulged as the others did on the smaller rim.
Also been getting more of the panel work done in the boot and around the back wheel arches
I've also finished all the frame for the fuel tank and surge tank, ready for sheeting over almost.
This is whats left after I ground all the bird shit weld off, will probably cut and re-do this part!
And I've modified the template from the driver side floor to work for the passenger side, so hopefully in the next few days that can be cut out of steel and fitted!
And in other news, I bought a new set of front rims and tyres, the gemini fronts just didn't sit in far enough and they were different brand to the rear rims, so now they are all weld brand and look identical!
so instead of 4 inch rims I have 5 inch now, and 32mm further in than the 4's, and also 1 inch higher tyre so it should not look as bulged as the others did on the smaller rim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Illegal reference there 202....
I can help out with long studs if you want, I have a heap of surplus ARP ones if you want them.
I can help out with long studs if you want, I have a heap of surplus ARP ones if you want them.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
illegal ? why is that ?
as for the studs, I've already ordered a new set, but thanks for the offer!
as for the studs, I've already ordered a new set, but thanks for the offer!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I think we need to establish "reference" rules....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
As discussed in other threads, that glass could be a shot glass for all anyone would know, I was of the opinion that the reference was to be in a standard commercially available container with label?.... 
I think that it's just good manners to have opened the container also, Ant....
I think that it's just good manners to have opened the container also, Ant....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Back in your hole, I’m in charge of policing reference around here ! Go and play with a coke can or somethingBiggvl wrote:As discussed in other threads, that glass could be a shot glass for all anyone would know, I was of the opinion that the reference was to be in a standard commercially available container with label?....
I think that it's just good manners to have opened the container also, Ant....
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
home brew ftw!