Willem programmer help No_3

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
gibbo
cars: Fx Holden, Hilux 4wd VS V6 4l60-e LPG

Willem programmer help No_3

Post by gibbo »

Ok newby questions! I have my new willem burner pcb 50, 0.98D5, eeprom at29c010a. I load a bin file and try to burn it to the eprom. I comes up with Error write sector 0. I have installed port95nt.exe. Jumpers are good (I think), dipswitches are good. My burner is from Darkwire. The eprom is new and blank, all FF in the buffer?

If I read the blank chip the top heading changes to AT20c010 (128) image. I can then hit program and it will write to chip, verify and ok it. But not if I load a bin.

Any suggestions would be good :comp:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Willem programmer help No_3

Post by antus »

got the burner powered properly? sounds like it might not have proper write voltage available, only working when the written data matches what was already there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i have to change the setting on my willem to AT29 to get them to program properly ..... on mine its a push button on the side that changes the LED's
gibbo
cars: Fx Holden, Hilux 4wd VS V6 4l60-e LPG

Post by gibbo »

Got it working, out of desperation, I started shutting down all my extra programs in the system tray to see if anything might be causing a problem and it started working. I also moved the usb cable to a direct port, instead of thru the usb hub. The weird thing is its back in the hub and the programs are all running again now and the burner works fine! :?
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

Has anyone here tried one of these true USB programmers?

http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/true_usb_willem.html

or

http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/wellon_ ... ammer.html

I only know of one which has been lightly used but seems to be OK. Just after some opinions and experiences. Better alternatives?

I have a new laptop which is legacy port free and would like upgrade to use a USB programmer.
I currently use an old parallel port controlled willem which is problematic at best. Has needed numerous components replaced, and has fried several NVRAMs.
Thanks Guys
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Ive got a topwin 2004 usb programmer ive been using for years without a problem.It even tests 74 series ics .Programs dallas nvrams ok (but theres a trick to ds1230y).I think holden 202 just bought one. :punk: :director:
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

I have a Gq-3X, works well for me. :) MUCH easier to use than my Willems Dual Power.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i have both the LPT willem enhanced duelpower and the new usb version with no dip switches that is a topwin its the new willem works great they both do done 300-400 burns with the dual power shes still going strong never replaced a single componant
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

Got the willem and seems to work well on my XP machine, but won't run with Windoze98. Any suggestions?

They suggest it is W98SE compatible.