vp tachometer wiring to ls1
-
jca
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 am
- cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon
vp tachometer wiring to ls1
Hi I'm trying to hook the tachometer out put wire from a ls1 to the vp std tachometer in the dash has any one done this
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: vp tachometer wiring to ls1
Is the VP tacho a v6 or v8 version?
I'd assume the ls1 tach signal is ttl, so you'd need to modify a v8 tacho to use the v6 style signal?
I'd assume the ls1 tach signal is ttl, so you'd need to modify a v8 tacho to use the v6 style signal?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: vp tachometer wiring to ls1
Also by default the LS1 tach output is only 2 pulses per rev, so V8 tach will read half RPM. I think this can be adjusted in the PCM calibration.
-
jca
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 am
- cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon
Re: vp tachometer wiring to ls1
It was a v8 car yep ls1 reads like 4cyl but I can change with efi live found the ls1 output but not sure which wire is the tachometer wire on the cluster