Hi all,
Has anyone out there looked into the feasability of using a 3.6 alloytec with a 3.0 sidi top end?
Im sure the pistons are different in the shape of the crown, so that could pose a problem.
Not even sure if bolt patterns for heads are close, any body played around with these yet?
Love to hear your thoughts, cheers.
Bigblock SIDI?....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Bigblock SIDI?....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
what is the purpose of doing that ? other than maybe it might increase the compression if the heads are different I can't see any other benefit ? wouldn't it just be easier to get a 3.6ltr sidi motor ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
Thanks for that, wasn't aware that they came in a 3.6, 210 kw standard!!!! - i think we will see more conversions soon...
Ok, anyone know the idea behind the horrible looking single exhaust port per head?
Ok, anyone know the idea behind the horrible looking single exhaust port per head?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
210kw is very detuned for aussie market, stock they can make around 340-350hp with good tune. This is the LFX engine. aka SIDI with integrated exhaust manifolds, lightened internals blah blah.Biggvl wrote:Thanks for that, wasn't aware that they came in a 3.6, 210 kw standard!!!! - i think we will see more conversions soon...
Ok, anyone know the idea behind the horrible looking single exhaust port per head?
Good little article on it here.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lfx/
The most impressive thing I found was the weight, only 157Kg complete engine with accessories.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
Wow, this looks like an even better proposition than i thought, need to keep my eyes open for a buggered one to play with, intergrated exhaust manifolds sound crap... But must work
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
Looks too easy to mount turbos to, just a short adaptor from head to turbo!
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
yep, but do you need turbos?
last i heard the older non SIDI can be pushed to 500hp NA with over 9000rpm.
I bet the SIDI can do better.
last i heard the older non SIDI can be pushed to 500hp NA with over 9000rpm.
I bet the SIDI can do better.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
I remember so well, back in the day, they were saying exhaust emission controls would mean the end of high performance engines. Looks like exactly the opposite happened.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Bigblock SIDI?....
Yeah, and with fuel economy!
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...