VP speedo
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
VP speedo
Over the last few months I've been swapping the guts of a VP (thanks Vlad) speedo in to a spare HQ housing. Found a spare couple of hours today and thought I'd get it working, got as much info about wiring as I could find and traced back all the pin outs of original cluster but no work ? Anyone got any ideas ? Does it need that board at the back that the taco goes through as well ? I put some power on speedo motor and it went off the clock so it still work fine it's just somthing in the wiring I'm missing. There's not much on the bet how there wired,it's mostly plug here and there and it works
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VP speedo
I did one once before. I followed this guide. you only need the speedo itself and the board that mounts behind it. the wires, you can lengthen and put the board somewhere else as it wont fit in the HQ speedo case.
its fairly easy to figure out the wires into the board, there is power, earth, input from VSS, and divide by 5 output back to pcm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: VP speedo
Thanks Jayme hopefully get a chance to have a crack at it tomorow
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: VP speedo
After a few intoxicating beverages last night the light bulb lit up, I only traced 3 wires out of the 5 on the speedo cluster and thought I assed it when I found earth, power and what I thought was vss input (it said 10 pulses on back of speedo pcb beside the 2 pulse circuit) after looking at cluster today and on another connecter there is one that just has vss, that is the one needed and all works a treat now !so if any one else is using a VN speedo for conversion you don't need the separate board on the back of the cluster, just 3 wires 
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: VP speedo
And a little help from jack 
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VP speedo
i'll drink to that 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
ralcool
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
- cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo
Re: VP speedo
Ted Bullpitt did say "a job worth doing, is worth doing with a beer."
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: VP speedo
Leave the money on the fridge 