Hi Everybody,
Just got a price from Brisbane to have a v8 camshaft reground and with postage there won't be much change from $400.
So has anyone got a recommendation for a camshaft regrinder and have an approx. price on what they had done?
Camshaft Regrinding
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
Ship it down to Clive Cams in Melbourne, $400 is very expensive for a regrind
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
you'd get a billet cam from him for not much more.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
Even ring Crow Cams get a SV5000 spec cam for a bit less than that. Very tame cam but wakes them up nice.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
I had one of those in my old WB ute, engine built to hsv specs and just a HSV tune and it flew for what it was
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
Just buy a new cam and lifters, waste of money fluffing about regrinding an old cam when you can get a new one and lifters for not much more.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
New lifters and some LT1 springs will be all you need could even go a group a cam on that.
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
I am looking at hydraulic roller though - thats whats in it now only stock. Sadly nothing about them is cheap otherwise I would just buy something new.
I have an old VT 304 195 kw cam which I think is similar in specs to the SV5000 cam. I was hoping to get that reground but by the sounds of it, its not going to be worthwhile.
My old VS ute had that same 195 kw cam and it went alright but was hoping for something slighty larger to see how it goes.
I have an old VT 304 195 kw cam which I think is similar in specs to the SV5000 cam. I was hoping to get that reground but by the sounds of it, its not going to be worthwhile.
My old VS ute had that same 195 kw cam and it went alright but was hoping for something slighty larger to see how it goes.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
Crane do some hydraulic rollers
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Camshaft Regrinding
Give Clive cams a call, you'd be surprised how cheap he is and the quality is spot on. I run one and know a lot of others that do.