304 Roller Cam
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
304 Roller Cam
Thinking of rebuilding my VR 304 and wonder if there are any roller cams that will work. I know of the lifter problem but see some manufacturers say they will fit 253 and 308 so surely they will fit the 304 or will I have to fit sleeves in the lifter holes. The block was not changed till the VT. Any info appreciated.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 304 Roller Cam
Call Clive cams, they do any sort of cam you want, top quality and reasonable price. Then just get a set of tie bar lifters. I think they could be the Pontiac 400 specs? so shouldn't be hard finding lifters.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: 304 Roller Cam
Yes, Pontiac lifters are the same or rather Holden lifters are the same as Pontiac....
You can now get cam/lifter packages direct from the US for the 304's. Howards I think is the place.
You can now get cam/lifter packages direct from the US for the 304's. Howards I think is the place.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 304 Roller Cam
There is these. Reduced travel and slow bleed off. Good for high performance and quiet operation.
https://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hyd ... 12OPR.aspx
Out of curiosity, any know what the lifter bore centers are on these and 304?
https://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hyd ... 12OPR.aspx
Out of curiosity, any know what the lifter bore centers are on these and 304?
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 304 Roller Cam
Had a look at some of those cams. Quiet big in my books. I want something that's a little bigger than stock VT. Thanks for the info.