ose $11p loose connection after starting engine

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
carb52
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:18 am
cars: chev silverardo wit ls1

ose $11p loose connection after starting engine

Post by carb52 »

Hi there I am tuning a VR V8 auto using ose 11p if i connect the flash tool with out the engine running it connects ok and tuner pro5 connects
but if i start the engine it will not connect. I have tried different settings in ose and disabled data wire to bcm but still same result.is there a setting I have missed?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: ose $11p loose connection after starting engine

Post by vlad01 »

Probably ignition noise. I had the same issue on a VR v8 ute. I moved the coil to on top of the manifold and it mostly fixed the issue, before that the coil was mounted on the back of the strut tower near the main ECU loom and was interfering.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: ose $11p loose connection after starting engine

Post by delcowizzid »

Make sure you have resistor spark plugs and good leads for a start then if that doesn't help try a different USB cable
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem