VS V8 Auto $58

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

VS V8 Auto $58

Post by pman92 »

Hey guys,
I'm removing VATS on a VS V8 Auto BPYS memcal.

First of all, the ID tool says its a $58 bin, and there's a BPYS bin file in the ID tools $58 folder.
However I noticed that on https://pcmhacking.net/memcals.html its listed as $83.

Second, I cant find a $58 XDF file. I read somewhere to use a $11 (VR Auto) XDF.
Everything seems to match up and look right using the $11 XDF, but can someone confirm that is correct and will work fine?

Is everything the same between $11 and $58 in terms of calibration, and its just the VR / VS VATS difference?

Thanks in advance
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VS V8 Auto $58

Post by antus »

I think you are right, it was an error that has existed in that document for 20+ years! Good spot. Ive updated the data on the memcals.html link.

I think the $11 XDF sounds right. I dont know what is different, but I think they would be very close. Just test your changes in the car to confirm. I would say its 90% likely to be correct and work especially as you have confirmed other tables look correct.

I dont think its possible to confirm if there are other changes, that level of detail about the different versions is available.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396