Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get odo reading off a 1995 VS Caprice, I'm doing a RWC on it & LCD isn't showing anything & scan tools dont seem to have instrument cluster as an option.
I know obviously I could pull the cluster out & read the odo off the chip but too much work.
VS Caprice V8 get odometre reading
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VS Caprice V8 get odometre reading
I didn't even know they had a communication line to them to the diagnostic port?
Wasn't it one of the threads many many years ago from.. ahh.. fiesta or someone along those lines which said a custom tool needed to be attached to the clusters programming port?
Wasn't it one of the threads many many years ago from.. ahh.. fiesta or someone along those lines which said a custom tool needed to be attached to the clusters programming port?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: VS Caprice V8 get odometre reading
The cluster certainly isn't on the diag network in a VR VS, chip read is the only way.
Sadly a faulty oddometer in victoria is a RWC fail
Sadly a faulty oddometer in victoria is a RWC fail
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VS Caprice V8 get odometre reading
Yeah I was pretty sure, but thought I'd put it out to the masterminds!
THANK YOU GUYS!
THANK YOU GUYS!