Longshot, but as per title. Looking to buy/beg/borrow/steal a programmer, or help to do so. Water got in the passenger kick panel of the VN. Enough that the car does not start. It cranks, but doesn't fire. I can connect the laptop and it shows dtc 51 memcal error. Tunerpro dashboard is laggy, but there.
I'm thinking i need at least the nvram re-programmed, maybe an ecu. Of course i didn't bring the gq4x4 and my spare memcal on the road trip, and am running on the nvram...
ANY help would be most welcome.
I'm pretty much stuck in Nowra and need to get home to Melbourne!
Cheers.
Wanted: Nvram programmer 808 Nowra area
-
seabreeze
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:13 am
- cars: VN Buick V6, VS Ecotec Utility, VE SSV L98 Utility
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Wanted: Nvram programmer 808 Nowra area
Did you try switching to bank B (obviously after cleaning all the water and drying) to see if that gets you a usable NVRAM?
It got me out of trouble at least two times I recall bricking the NVRAM.
It got me out of trouble at least two times I recall bricking the NVRAM.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Wanted: Nvram programmer 808 Nowra area
Sorry that this is not going to help now, but for anyone who is driving around with an nvram full time, it would be a good idea to burn your tune to an eeprom on a memcal and either keep that in the glove box as a backup, or run it in the car full time to prevent this. Hope it saves someone. The NVRAM is intended as a tuning tool, not intended to be used full time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
seabreeze
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:13 am
- cars: VN Buick V6, VS Ecotec Utility, VE SSV L98 Utility
Re: Wanted: Nvram programmer 808 Nowra area
Yeah, tried switching, no good. Burned memcal normally lives in the centre console, but i took it out cleaning the wagon and didn't put it back. I have a spare 808 too. Even a fifty buck car cover would have saved me. Never had water come in, but have driven it in the rain a handful of times and never parked outside during a relentless storm. Laptop, GQ4x4, and memcals may ride with me every time now!
Expensive lesson learned indeed... Cheers for the help.
Expensive lesson learned indeed... Cheers for the help.