VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

vlad01 wrote:You could try BAYA 7003 VN group A tune which is based on the later $DB code and says it has a service fix for idle.
I’d like to try this. Are you able to make a memcal with it on it for me? Only thing that appears to be different for the VN Group A is injectors are slightly larger. Cam is the same.
Last edited by Nzer on Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

'quipt4it wrote:Have you compared it to the Torque Chip jobbie?
Yea I did. It’s from a 304 I used to have. It was worse.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by vlad01 »

I could, but I will need your original memcal as it has the correct v8 netres chips and v8 knock filter. I only got V6 ones here which means the knock filter is different as well as the netres chips.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by 'quipt4it »

Delcowizzid is closer, you could put it to him.
Use the Torque Chip as the spare.
Not sure if you would gain anything though.
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

vlad01 wrote:I could, but I will need your original memcal as it has the correct v8 netres chips and v8 knock filter. I only got V6 ones here which means the knock filter is different as well as the netres chips.
Standby. I have another memcal. Just got to find it.
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

Here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

'quipt4it wrote:Delcowizzid is closer, you could put it to him.
Use the Torque Chip as the spare.
Not sure if you would gain anything though.
I’ve tried but he isn’t answering me. :sad2:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by vlad01 »

Would suck loosing the memcal sending across the pond to me, thats the only thing that worries me.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by 'quipt4it »

VR 5.0 Auto = BFPL 2416 $11A
Won't work
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

'quipt4it wrote:VR 5.0 Auto = BFPL 2416 $11A
Won't work
Oh so the memcal can’t be wiped and started again?