I picked up a VP engine loom, and as I didn’t get to be the one that removed it I have been guessing which plug go’s where.
I’m down to three, one of which has the same plug as a injector.
Guessing plugs on loom
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
This is the plug
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
And the other two single green wires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
Assuming it’s a V8 loom, the injector type connector should be ignition coil, the green wire with the female barrel connector is the A/C compressor, the green wire with the female blade is temp sender.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
It’s a V6 loom.
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
With injector looking plug the white wire is going here to the 6 pin control plug.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
And the brown wire is going here to the 8 pin control plug.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
After stripping more back I found a extra Tacho signal wire which was hidden in the tape.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
Where did you get those documents from?
I'd love to get a hold of them
I'd love to get a hold of them
-
GH1176
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am
- cars: 1974 Holden Torana LH SL
Re: Guessing plugs on loom
All off this forum mate.Dylan wrote:Where did you get those documents from?
I'd love to get a hold of them