Interesting youtube video's...

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Gareth »

antus wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:53 am This is the rundown from the team that figured out the anti-competitive soft brick in the polish trains.
https://media.ccc.de/v/37c3-12142-break ... ish_trains
Great watch, shows it's not just the automotive industry that suffers from this! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Gareth »

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by vlad01 »

https://youtu.be/DJDDlAkyHfc?si=zVNA1SwCVrfFkYiv

Something you'd considered Gareth?

I thought that was very interesting and is something I have thought about before as good ABS is very nice to have when you push your braking hard.

EDIT: Can't get the youtube embed to work. Antus, is there a way to get it to work? I used to use the link from the share button on youtube and that would work with the embed, but doesn't seem to work with the new forum?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by vlad01 »

Gareth wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:55 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow4jldkybEY

The engineering at NASA and all their associated contractors is truly like alien technology compared to what we have here in the public.

These tools would be to ensure characterised and known reliability for all their spacecraft wiring which ensure the best reliability in the most insane operating conditions not normally seen on Earth.

If anyone has followed the development, deployment and operation of the JWST will really appreciate what insanity humans are capable of in the science and engineering domain.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by vlad01 »

Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Wade »

Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Charlescrown »

Wow I never knew that engine went back to 1962. We were still using grey motors back then. It looks like a vast improvement on the old VN engine and makes me wonder why we didin't use it here. Parhaps we did but not that I'm aware.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by immortality »

Charlescrown wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2024 4:17 am Wow I never knew that engine went back to 1962. We were still using grey motors back then. It looks like a vast improvement on the old VN engine and makes me wonder why we didin't use it here. Parhaps we did but not that I'm aware.
Fairly sure that is the engine we used here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_engine
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Charlescrown »

It's things like the firing order and using MAF that makes it look different to me.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Wade »