Great watch, shows it's not just the automotive industry that suffers from this! Thanks for sharingantus wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:53 am This is the rundown from the team that figured out the anti-competitive soft brick in the polish trains.
https://media.ccc.de/v/37c3-12142-break ... ish_trains
Interesting youtube video's...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Interesting youtube video's...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Interesting youtube video's...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Interesting youtube video's...
https://youtu.be/DJDDlAkyHfc?si=zVNA1SwCVrfFkYiv
Something you'd considered Gareth?
I thought that was very interesting and is something I have thought about before as good ABS is very nice to have when you push your braking hard.
EDIT: Can't get the youtube embed to work. Antus, is there a way to get it to work? I used to use the link from the share button on youtube and that would work with the embed, but doesn't seem to work with the new forum?
Something you'd considered Gareth?
I thought that was very interesting and is something I have thought about before as good ABS is very nice to have when you push your braking hard.
EDIT: Can't get the youtube embed to work. Antus, is there a way to get it to work? I used to use the link from the share button on youtube and that would work with the embed, but doesn't seem to work with the new forum?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Interesting youtube video's...
The engineering at NASA and all their associated contractors is truly like alien technology compared to what we have here in the public.
These tools would be to ensure characterised and known reliability for all their spacecraft wiring which ensure the best reliability in the most insane operating conditions not normally seen on Earth.
If anyone has followed the development, deployment and operation of the JWST will really appreciate what insanity humans are capable of in the science and engineering domain.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Interesting youtube video's...
Wow I never knew that engine went back to 1962. We were still using grey motors back then. It looks like a vast improvement on the old VN engine and makes me wonder why we didin't use it here. Parhaps we did but not that I'm aware.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Interesting youtube video's...
Fairly sure that is the engine we used here.Charlescrown wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2024 4:17 am Wow I never knew that engine went back to 1962. We were still using grey motors back then. It looks like a vast improvement on the old VN engine and makes me wonder why we didin't use it here. Parhaps we did but not that I'm aware.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_engine
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Interesting youtube video's...
It's things like the firing order and using MAF that makes it look different to me.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport