Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I just tried this again today but on a VX l67 & seems to hold if I modify the detent scalars, doing the same to the d2 scalars didn't seem to do anything to stop shifts?

But at around 200kmh at end of run in 3rd gear it seemed to either shift to 4th or lock up TCC, is there an easy way to disable lock up TCC?

& is there a way to let it rev out 3rd & not change to 4th, thinking out loud possibly change the max gear rpm, but not sure if there's anything else?
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by yoda69 »

Put in "3" instead of "D". It is only the 1-2 shift that automatically happens if "1" is selected
Yoda69
User avatar
charlay86
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by charlay86 »

ok so I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is how you do it with mode 4 (this is for a VT)
(as far as I can tell this directly commands the shift solenoids, so be careful lol)

1ST GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x03 0xAB
2ND GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x02 0xAC
3RD GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x00 0xAE
4TH GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x01 0xAD

3RD GEAR - TCC OFF:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x81 0x00 0x2D
Last edited by charlay86 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I did have gear shifter in "3" not "D" for tests with both?

I'm not sure on how to add mode 4 commands sorry charlay?

So is there an easy way to make sure TCC doesnt engaged?

Thanks for advice though!!! :)
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by The1 »

shoudl be able to use the commands in flashtool? or setup another command in the adx.

For TCC there should be ON/OFF Coolant scalars.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VL400 »

Yeah flashtool or just in the ADX as a manually sendable command - much easier :thumbup:

Mode 4 does not stay active forever, depends on the cal setting but might need a refresh every few seconds - will just have to try it and see. The random VX bin I checked has it set to max of 65k seconds but who knows if Holden ever implemented it in other cals.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well I sent the command in the ADX while logging but no cigar, I've attached the ADX I used I'm hoping someone can tell me what I did wrong as I'd really like it to work!!!

I also disabled both coolant & trans temps in the calibration for TCC just to make sure, but I'm not sure how that works as the temps for both were withing 3 deg's of each other surely they wouldn't limit TCC to only work in that small threshold(attached jpg of screeny).

Anyway if anyone can help with getting 3rd gear lock command that would be AWESOME!!!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i never really worked them out when i did the VS V6 $51 xdf so i just left the labels as they are.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by VL400 »

I think its done to stop it hunting around, its hysteresis. So if coolant goes below 47deg and TCC is on, turn it off, if TCC is off and coolant is below 50deg dont let TCC turn on till above.
User avatar
charlay86
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6

Post by charlay86 »

Try this.
VT_$A5_v1.04 WIP(3rd gear lock+TCC off).adx
I think I screwed up the commands when i typed them in my earlier post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.