I just tried this again today but on a VX l67 & seems to hold if I modify the detent scalars, doing the same to the d2 scalars didn't seem to do anything to stop shifts?
But at around 200kmh at end of run in 3rd gear it seemed to either shift to 4th or lock up TCC, is there an easy way to disable lock up TCC?
& is there a way to let it rev out 3rd & not change to 4th, thinking out loud possibly change the max gear rpm, but not sure if there's anything else?
Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Put in "3" instead of "D". It is only the 1-2 shift that automatically happens if "1" is selected
Yoda69
Yoda69
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
ok so I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is how you do it with mode 4 (this is for a VT)
(as far as I can tell this directly commands the shift solenoids, so be careful lol)
1ST GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x03 0xAB
2ND GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x02 0xAC
3RD GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x00 0xAE
4TH GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x01 0xAD
3RD GEAR - TCC OFF:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x81 0x00 0x2D
(as far as I can tell this directly commands the shift solenoids, so be careful lol)
1ST GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x03 0xAB
2ND GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x02 0xAC
3RD GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x00 0xAE
4TH GEAR:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x01 0x01 0xAD
3RD GEAR - TCC OFF:
0xF5 0x58 0x04 0x81 0x00 0x2D
Last edited by charlay86 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Yeah I did have gear shifter in "3" not "D" for tests with both?
I'm not sure on how to add mode 4 commands sorry charlay?
So is there an easy way to make sure TCC doesnt engaged?
Thanks for advice though!!!
I'm not sure on how to add mode 4 commands sorry charlay?
So is there an easy way to make sure TCC doesnt engaged?
Thanks for advice though!!!
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
shoudl be able to use the commands in flashtool? or setup another command in the adx.
For TCC there should be ON/OFF Coolant scalars.
For TCC there should be ON/OFF Coolant scalars.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Yeah flashtool or just in the ADX as a manually sendable command - much easier
Mode 4 does not stay active forever, depends on the cal setting but might need a refresh every few seconds - will just have to try it and see. The random VX bin I checked has it set to max of 65k seconds but who knows if Holden ever implemented it in other cals.
Mode 4 does not stay active forever, depends on the cal setting but might need a refresh every few seconds - will just have to try it and see. The random VX bin I checked has it set to max of 65k seconds but who knows if Holden ever implemented it in other cals.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Well I sent the command in the ADX while logging but no cigar, I've attached the ADX I used I'm hoping someone can tell me what I did wrong as I'd really like it to work!!!
I also disabled both coolant & trans temps in the calibration for TCC just to make sure, but I'm not sure how that works as the temps for both were withing 3 deg's of each other surely they wouldn't limit TCC to only work in that small threshold(attached jpg of screeny).
Anyway if anyone can help with getting 3rd gear lock command that would be AWESOME!!!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
I also disabled both coolant & trans temps in the calibration for TCC just to make sure, but I'm not sure how that works as the temps for both were withing 3 deg's of each other surely they wouldn't limit TCC to only work in that small threshold(attached jpg of screeny).
Anyway if anyone can help with getting 3rd gear lock command that would be AWESOME!!!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
yeah i never really worked them out when i did the VS V6 $51 xdf so i just left the labels as they are.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
I think its done to stop it hunting around, its hysteresis. So if coolant goes below 47deg and TCC is on, turn it off, if TCC is off and coolant is below 50deg dont let TCC turn on till above.
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Command 3rd gear VX N/a V6
Try this.
I think I screwed up the commands when i typed them in my earlier post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.