O2 wiring pin

Wiring diagrams and questions
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by inj gtr202 »

antus wrote:If the drivers arnt loading then you'll need to sort that out. Did the laptop have a net connection when you tried it?

Otherwise, if its XP, install the appropriate driver from here then try again.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
No I don't think I was on the net when I connected the laptop to the ecu.
I'm running Windows 7.
Do I need to install a driver first? or should it automatically try and find one?
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by VL400 »

If you plug in the comms board and then go to the device manager it will either show up as a virtual com port if the driver loaded or will have an exclamation mark against a USB device (unplugging the USB board will make it disappear). If your connected to the net win 7 will load it automatically.

However, if it does not the Usb comms instructions have links to the ftdi drivers and manual driver install instructions for various operating systems showing a step by step installation guide but any queries just post up here :thumbup:
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by inj gtr202 »

VL400 wrote:If you plug in the comms board and then go to the device manager it will either show up as a virtual com port if the driver loaded or will have an exclamation mark against a USB device (unplugging the USB board will make it disappear). If your connected to the net win 7 will load it automatically.

However, if it does not the Usb comms instructions have links to the ftdi drivers and manual driver install instructions for various operating systems showing a step by step installation guide but any queries just post up here :thumbup:
Doesn't matter what I do I can't get the comms board to show up in Device manager. On the net, off the net, no difference. board connected to ECU and not connected makes no difference.

The LED on the NVRAM lights up when I turn the ignition on.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by VL400 »

Have you got another USB cable you can try? The board was tested prior to sending but the cable is new in the packet and not tested by me. If you don't have another cable or its still not working will send you another board and cable.
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by inj gtr202 »

VL400 wrote:Have you got another USB cable you can try? The board was tested prior to sending but the cable is new in the packet and not tested by me. If you don't have another cable or its still not working will send you another board and cable.
Thanks,
I just took the car out with my old memcal just to make sure all is good (it is :driving: )

I'll see what I can find as far as cables are concerned.
Does the coms board have to be attached to the ecu for the laptop to pick it up?
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by inj gtr202 »

The light on the coms board lights up confirming power, so cable being the problem is not likely in my opinion
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by inj gtr202 »

inj gtr202 wrote:The light on the coms board lights up confirming power, so cable being the problem is not likely in my opinion
What would I know... :?

Tried a known good cable and I'm currently installing the drivers.
now I'm getting somewhere :punk:
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by VL400 »

Good to hear its working :thumbup: will send you a new cable, must have one or both data wires open circuit inside the cable when manufactured. Does not help when getting everything setup for the first time :cry: never had one that has failed out of the packet either.
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by inj gtr202 »

VL400 wrote:Good to hear its working :thumbup: will send you a new cable, must have one or both data wires open circuit inside the cable when manufactured. Does not help when getting everything setup for the first time :cry: never had one that has failed out of the packet either.
Thanks,
I got TP to connect to the laptop now.
I have the bin and xdf all ready to go. Now I just have to look up how to load it to the NVRAM without screwing shit up.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: O2 wiring pin

Post by VL400 »

Can either use the flashtool and do a write Cal (do not use write bin) or use tunerpro. There is some info in the PDF of the first post here to use tunerpro .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590