No I don't think I was on the net when I connected the laptop to the ecu.
I'm running Windows 7.
Do I need to install a driver first? or should it automatically try and find one?
If you plug in the comms board and then go to the device manager it will either show up as a virtual com port if the driver loaded or will have an exclamation mark against a USB device (unplugging the USB board will make it disappear). If your connected to the net win 7 will load it automatically.
However, if it does not the Usb comms instructions have links to the ftdi drivers and manual driver install instructions for various operating systems showing a step by step installation guide but any queries just post up here
VL400 wrote:If you plug in the comms board and then go to the device manager it will either show up as a virtual com port if the driver loaded or will have an exclamation mark against a USB device (unplugging the USB board will make it disappear). If your connected to the net win 7 will load it automatically.
However, if it does not the Usb comms instructions have links to the ftdi drivers and manual driver install instructions for various operating systems showing a step by step installation guide but any queries just post up here
Doesn't matter what I do I can't get the comms board to show up in Device manager. On the net, off the net, no difference. board connected to ECU and not connected makes no difference.
The LED on the NVRAM lights up when I turn the ignition on.
Have you got another USB cable you can try? The board was tested prior to sending but the cable is new in the packet and not tested by me. If you don't have another cable or its still not working will send you another board and cable.
VL400 wrote:Have you got another USB cable you can try? The board was tested prior to sending but the cable is new in the packet and not tested by me. If you don't have another cable or its still not working will send you another board and cable.
Thanks,
I just took the car out with my old memcal just to make sure all is good (it is )
I'll see what I can find as far as cables are concerned.
Does the coms board have to be attached to the ecu for the laptop to pick it up?
Good to hear its working will send you a new cable, must have one or both data wires open circuit inside the cable when manufactured. Does not help when getting everything setup for the first time never had one that has failed out of the packet either.
VL400 wrote:Good to hear its working will send you a new cable, must have one or both data wires open circuit inside the cable when manufactured. Does not help when getting everything setup for the first time never had one that has failed out of the packet either.
Thanks,
I got TP to connect to the laptop now.
I have the bin and xdf all ready to go. Now I just have to look up how to load it to the NVRAM without screwing shit up.
Can either use the flashtool and do a write Cal (do not use write bin) or use tunerpro. There is some info in the PDF of the first post here to use tunerpro .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590