VT-VX Clusters

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well there's errors now all over the eeprom so it will need a full re-write now, but good idea for future!

B.T.W. the first line does match the 2nd it's just all zero's now!

So I'm guessing you tried extra power to both units?
kody
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by kody »

Yeah madmn I have tried to write back to the cluster several times.
The bin file I am writing back is the original bin dump that came from that cluster, the ODO value has not been changed at all. I think the 93S56 chip might have some sort of security measure as each time I have tried to write back only 3 or 4 lines seem to go through correctly.

Yeah VX L67 I also tried with the cluster powered up as well as the programer having a 9v power pack
Not in the shed anymore :(
Ek wagon 0-60mph 6.19 20/4/07 G-Tech so there is no cheating using m62

Now vp ute with a m62
kody
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by kody »

Next question.

Is there a way with the gq4x programmer to write say 2 program lines at a time. Then reading back to check that they went through ok. I seem to be able to write the bottom 3 lines then nothing else seems to write to the chip.

Sorry if this is a basic question but have not had a lot of experience with this and trying to share/give back to you guys any thing that I can.
Have spent a lot of time reading here and learnt so much, it would be nice to be able to contribute if I can.
Not in the shed anymore :(
Ek wagon 0-60mph 6.19 20/4/07 G-Tech so there is no cheating using m62

Now vp ute with a m62
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by antus »

There is offset and size that should allow you to do this but in many cases it doesnt work. So you can try it - perhaps it works on that serial eeprom - but be aware it may be just throwing another problem in to the mix.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
madmn
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am
cars: vx

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by madmn »

i've have the EEprom fully mapped now, tell what you want to change

to activate the digital speedo change $FB from 00 to 02
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Kody's problem in particular isn't now just changing a certain feature he now needs a full write!

I'm not sure how digital speedo is even possible on vt-vx range?
madmn
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am
cars: vx

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by madmn »

photo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

COOL, never seen it enabled on the VT-VX clusters, thats 1 of the I think 24 flags that can be enabled!
kody
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by kody »

That digital speedo is cool as. I have not had much time over the weekend to have any more of a play with the cluster but it seems now that 70% of the info is on there and in the right spots.
Not in the shed anymore :(
Ek wagon 0-60mph 6.19 20/4/07 G-Tech so there is no cheating using m62

Now vp ute with a m62
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT-VX Clusters

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So What have you done different to get 70% of the info in the correct locations?
Good news though, hopefully will get it there!