One day we will be able to watch youtube in all its 360P glory without needing to pause for buffering
POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
Cant wait to get off the congest RIM
Middle of suburbia in a newish housing area and ADSL1 1500/256 is pretty much it in terms of plans - can pay more for 8mbit down but seeing as I never get close to the current max up/down speeds it is not worth the extra $$ per month.
One day we will be able to watch youtube in all its 360P glory without needing to pause for buffering
One day we will be able to watch youtube in all its 360P glory without needing to pause for buffering
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
Lol
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
well you could do what i do, i pay for a VPS in the US 2TB month of bandwidth and this connection, i then use the VPS for most things anything else i download it to my PC through works 20/20 connection. VPS only costs me $120 year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
I checked my map, the township of Kyneton will get fiber (go figure! no such thing as adsl1 here back in 2000) and wireless for the out of town area which I am not covered, doesn't surprise me as I don't even get mobile reception.
but................... I do get adsl 2+ @ 10.5Mbit at 9km from the exchange. how ?
like this

but................... I do get adsl 2+ @ 10.5Mbit at 9km from the exchange. how ?
like this

-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
WOW I used to get 5.5mbit 4 kms from the exchange. ive never heard of someone so far get such a quick speed from adsl2+ unless you are on a rim and the cabinet is a lot closer to you than the actual exchange?
EDIT: my bad LOL... I think I understand now... you had a friend close to the exchange and shared the connection over a nice high gain wifi antenna? nice idea.
EDIT: my bad LOL... I think I understand now... you had a friend close to the exchange and shared the connection over a nice high gain wifi antenna? nice idea.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
yes I got a guy I know 4k up the road and we have had this setup since 06. He is 4.5km line length from the exchange but must have good lines to get these speeds and stability.If I replace the router for a broadcom chipset type I should increase speed even more
to this day I still can only get dialup on our lines at home. Probably ISDN as well lol
to this day I still can only get dialup on our lines at home. Probably ISDN as well lol
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
i would believe 3 - 3.5km tops you can never tell with the pit routing.


-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
as the crows fly his place to the exchange is 4+ km. Lines will be longer for sure. No RIMs as of yet in Kyneton. Mind you he is out in the farming region out of town like I am.
That chart is only a guide, wire gauge, interference levels and splices, line equipment all play a roll. Guess we got lucky.
My half brother next door at 8.5km line length got adsl1, but only just and after 5+ years of trying. The SNR and attenuation is terrible. I recall the attenuation was 68db
we have an attenuation of 35db and get the 10.5mbit
That chart is only a guide, wire gauge, interference levels and splices, line equipment all play a roll. Guess we got lucky.
My half brother next door at 8.5km line length got adsl1, but only just and after 5+ years of trying. The SNR and attenuation is terrible. I recall the attenuation was 68db
we have an attenuation of 35db and get the 10.5mbit
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
Yeah, I know a bloke who lives out in the country, and is on the only pair on the 30 core cable. Adsl goes a long way when there is no interference. And the clicks from the electric fences are too low frequency to affect the dsl. He did the same thing, about 5kms, then 24dbi wifi to the next farm. It worked quite well. Much better SNR and speed than in built up areas.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: POLITICS-BORING-BUT CONTROLS EVERYTHING
I this cos I had many arguments with dumb ass telstra people and their lack of support for people further than 4km line length. I said f you all, i'll make my own internet. And I did
Once they did come out to offer adsl under the broadband connect scheme and we said sorry, you were too slow lol.
Once they did come out to offer adsl under the broadband connect scheme and we said sorry, you were too slow lol.