Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
I read the the Tip-In Bump spark feature is used to reduce the driveline clunking when going from very light throttle low speed drive to overrun with a manual trans. If I wanted to disable this feature for the sake of experiment because I have an auto tranny, what's the best way? Just zeroing all the values in the tip-in table?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
un-set the RDSC flag. RDSC is the main feature that the tip in/out bump works from?
I have it off normally because i like he very over the top response and sharpness.
I have it off normally because i like he very over the top response and sharpness.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
Coolarama! Thanks for that.
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
There is no RDSC flag. Plenty of scalars but no flag 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
should be?
try searching RDSC and see what it comes up with
try searching RDSC and see what it comes up with
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
Nuh, no flags, only scalars. Could this be it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
i'd say you need to change one of the temp enable scalars for it!
like increase this to max temperature....
RDSC - Minimum Coolant Temp To Enable RDSC
like increase this to max temperature....
RDSC - Minimum Coolant Temp To Enable RDSC
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
Or the flag "Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control option"
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
VL400 wrote:Or the flag "Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control option"
thats the one!
-
kilebantick
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:48 pm
- cars: 1989 Commodore VN
Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.
The flag you're looking for is "Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control option". Un check the checkbox to disable RDSC 
Edit: Teaches me not to read all the comments thoroughly! Beaten by VL!
Edit: Teaches me not to read all the comments thoroughly! Beaten by VL!