Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Circlotron
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
cars: VP 5L LPG

Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by Circlotron »

I read the the Tip-In Bump spark feature is used to reduce the driveline clunking when going from very light throttle low speed drive to overrun with a manual trans. If I wanted to disable this feature for the sake of experiment because I have an auto tranny, what's the best way? Just zeroing all the values in the tip-in table?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by vlad01 »

un-set the RDSC flag. RDSC is the main feature that the tip in/out bump works from?

I have it off normally because i like he very over the top response and sharpness.
User avatar
Circlotron
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by Circlotron »

Coolarama! Thanks for that.
User avatar
Circlotron
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by Circlotron »

There is no RDSC flag. Plenty of scalars but no flag :?:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by vlad01 »

should be?
try searching RDSC and see what it comes up with
User avatar
Circlotron
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by Circlotron »

Nuh, no flags, only scalars. Could this be it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by Holden202T »

i'd say you need to change one of the temp enable scalars for it!

like increase this to max temperature....

RDSC - Minimum Coolant Temp To Enable RDSC
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by VL400 »

Or the flag "Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control option"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by vlad01 »

VL400 wrote:Or the flag "Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control option"

thats the one!
kilebantick
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:48 pm
cars: 1989 Commodore VN

Re: Disabling 12P Tip-In Bump spark and auto tranny.

Post by kilebantick »

The flag you're looking for is "Map A: set=RPM derivative spark control option". Un check the checkbox to disable RDSC :)

Edit: Teaches me not to read all the comments thoroughly! Beaten by VL!