Results after a "profesional tune"

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
VT1GER
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 am
cars: Holden VT stroker, cammed, blown.

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by VT1GER »

I'm using an nvram. Don't have access to a burner no.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by The1 »

here ive added it in, i would if you could get the nvram reburnt with a enhanced bin. If you bought the nvram from here then you can send it up to me and ill reburn it for postage cost to current enhanced version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by vlad01 »

The1 wrote:no your after the table call "End of Injection" your current value is the factory value of 408, start with 374.

This is the crank rotation at which fuel is finished being injected or the injector is now closed. Your intake valve starts to open at 374degrees with that cam, so start there. Tune advance to richest point.

I would recommend enhanced mod instead of standard factory realtime, you can tune the End of Injection via RPM and not coolant as well as use inputs to monitor wideband and support larger MAF's.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518

I would recommend you have a read of the info in the FAQ button top right and have a read of the enhanced doco's.


Can you tell me more about this injector timing? Does the 808 have some form of this?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by The1 »

no dont' think 808 can be adjusted it's fixed to crank REF pulse
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by vlad01 »

So how would the firing pattern be relative to the each cylinder, would it be uneven timing due to the double injector fire but having 3 cylinders fire in one rotation?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by The1 »

spark would still fire from DFI, which is using crank pulse, ecu controls bank injector fire. Ecotecs use cam sensor to do seq inj hence being able to control injection timing.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by vlad01 »

So every time a cylinder fires all injectors fire?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by The1 »

bit off topic, but yeh batch fires once per crank rotation and seq fires once per cam rotation.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by delcowizzid »

twice per full engine cycle i think it is unless in single fire mode which is once per engine cycle i.e. 2 revolutions to complete a full firing order cycle.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by vlad01 »

The1 wrote:bit off topic, but yeh batch fires once per crank rotation and seq fires once per cam rotation.

so double fire is then 2 x per rev? 4 time for complete engine cycle. But what I was trying to work out is this timing relative to No. 1 cylinder? or just random a cylinder?

So sequentual would be once per cam rotation X No. of cylinders firing in one cycle? My understanding is 3 injectors will fire for v6 in 1 rev but in sequence, correct?