Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post any other rides you have here
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by v6bucket »

Nice looking slugs.
I've been looking for flat top pistons for an engine build that I'm doing at the moment, only found one custom setup so far, & nearly double the price of the Mahle ones.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by vlad01 »

just buy them :) only have to cry once.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by Holden202T »

hahahaha

not 100% sure on the comp yet, but if the difference is what I think it will be its going to be near 10:1 ... gave the brother the option, hog out the heads or mill the pistons to get it down or look at different fuel (ie. methanol)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by vlad01 »

yeah i got close to 10:1 too as my pistons are exactly same spec just cast.

I would stick to that CR and run e85. will be no problem. will make some serious power then.
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by v6bucket »

Leave the CR up, use Methanol. :D :driving:
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I guess the fuel e85 or methanol is much of a muchness, the fuel system will be the same either way and the injectors will be suitably speced to suit methanol so leaves the options open..... it sounds like the brother is keen on methanol instead of lowering the comp!

we'll just start with low boost and see how it all goes!

I got the block and crank back today so will hopefully be able to start assembling it shortly (time permitting :|)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by Holden202T »

Let the forged goodness begin :)
WP_20150803_003.jpg
WP_20150803_004.jpg
WP_20150803_005.jpg
WP_20150803_006.jpg
WP_20150803_007.jpg
next on the cards is some more work on the heads mainly to help in oil return to the sump, and then the rest can all go together!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by Gareth »

I bet Vlad just got jelous :lol: :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by Holden202T »

hahaha yeah he'll be having a quiet moment in the corner ? :) ... I must admit they are the most sexual v6 pistons I have seen lol!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by vlad01 »

I been sucking my thumb in the corner all day!

Anywho... there are some real sexy JE and diamond pistons for the ecotec :thumbup:

the big VL has been talking of a whole new engine for the VH utilizing e85 and the ZZP alloy heads. For what he needs possibly some custom JE or diamond raised pistons could be in order to get those really high CR needed to make serious power on ethanol.

It could well be the 1st ever of its kind piston design.