Nice looking slugs.
I've been looking for flat top pistons for an engine build that I'm doing at the moment, only found one custom setup so far, & nearly double the price of the Mahle ones.
Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 768
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
just buy them
only have to cry once.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
hahahaha
not 100% sure on the comp yet, but if the difference is what I think it will be its going to be near 10:1 ... gave the brother the option, hog out the heads or mill the pistons to get it down or look at different fuel (ie. methanol)
not 100% sure on the comp yet, but if the difference is what I think it will be its going to be near 10:1 ... gave the brother the option, hog out the heads or mill the pistons to get it down or look at different fuel (ie. methanol)
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
yeah i got close to 10:1 too as my pistons are exactly same spec just cast.
I would stick to that CR and run e85. will be no problem. will make some serious power then.
I would stick to that CR and run e85. will be no problem. will make some serious power then.
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 768
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
Leave the CR up, use Methanol.

"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
yeah I guess the fuel e85 or methanol is much of a muchness, the fuel system will be the same either way and the injectors will be suitably speced to suit methanol so leaves the options open..... it sounds like the brother is keen on methanol instead of lowering the comp!
we'll just start with low boost and see how it all goes!
I got the block and crank back today so will hopefully be able to start assembling it shortly (time permitting
)
we'll just start with low boost and see how it all goes!
I got the block and crank back today so will hopefully be able to start assembling it shortly (time permitting
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
Let the forged goodness begin 
next on the cards is some more work on the heads mainly to help in oil return to the sump, and then the rest can all go together!
next on the cards is some more work on the heads mainly to help in oil return to the sump, and then the rest can all go together!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
I bet Vlad just got jelous

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
hahaha yeah he'll be having a quiet moment in the corner ?
... I must admit they are the most sexual v6 pistons I have seen lol!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!
I been sucking my thumb in the corner all day!
Anywho... there are some real sexy JE and diamond pistons for the ecotec
the big VL has been talking of a whole new engine for the VH utilizing e85 and the ZZP alloy heads. For what he needs possibly some custom JE or diamond raised pistons could be in order to get those really high CR needed to make serious power on ethanol.
It could well be the 1st ever of its kind piston design.
Anywho... there are some real sexy JE and diamond pistons for the ecotec
the big VL has been talking of a whole new engine for the VH utilizing e85 and the ZZP alloy heads. For what he needs possibly some custom JE or diamond raised pistons could be in order to get those really high CR needed to make serious power on ethanol.
It could well be the 1st ever of its kind piston design.