And now we've wasted over a page on my thread for no reason, who cares, it doesnt matter, they sell a product called a 4 link kit, it is a 4 link, you then add a panhard bar kit or a track locator bar kit ... Its that simple!
If you have a problem talk to mcdonald bros!
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So when is your multi link rear end due to arrive Sam?
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
still working through details they need for the parts, wheel tub sizes etc ... I'm not sure how much of it is sitting on the shelf and how much is made to order, but I know at least the wheel tubs are made to order heheh!firebug wrote:So when is your multi link rear end due to arrive Sam?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Looking good. I like the engine pics and that huge puffer hanging off the side. Oh by the way vlad04 needs to have a look at a HQ manual to see a 4 link rear suspension if he wants to see what they look like. Sorry to stir the hornets nest. The rate of progress is too fast for me to comprehend but I love what I see. I would think the FJ/48215 enthusiast are both cringing and cheering. Keep up the progress reports.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
multilink? how many has it got?firebug wrote:So when is your multi link rear end due to arrive Sam?
on a side note, c'mon Sam, only screwing with you.
Anyway, keen to see that replace the leaf spring setup.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yeah it didn't seem right without the turbo on it, kinda like the heart was missingCharlescrown wrote:Looking good. I like the engine pics and that huge puffer hanging off the side. Oh by the way vlad04 needs to have a look at a HQ manual to see a 4 link rear suspension if he wants to see what they look like. Sorry to stir the hornets nest. The rate of progress is too fast for me to comprehend but I love what I see. I would think the FJ/48215 enthusiast are both cringing and cheering. Keep up the progress reports.
firebug did tell me I should say to all the cringers that it was a mint one owner job and I turfed the perfectly running original motor etc hehehe
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I consider the bellcrank another link.
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
lol
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
lol, me any HQ counted up the springs and shockers, brake lines and ABS cables too. Can't forget them!jenko wrote:I consider the bellcrank another link.
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains
-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
What about bolts, nuts and washers. Don't forget the bushes too!vlad01 wrote:lol, me any HQ counted up the springs and shockers, brake lines and ABS cables too. Can't forget them!jenko wrote:I consider the bellcrank another link.
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains
Simon