FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

And now we've wasted over a page on my thread for no reason, who cares, it doesnt matter, they sell a product called a 4 link kit, it is a 4 link, you then add a panhard bar kit or a track locator bar kit ... Its that simple!

If you have a problem talk to mcdonald bros!
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

So when is your multi link rear end due to arrive Sam?
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

firebug wrote:So when is your multi link rear end due to arrive Sam?
still working through details they need for the parts, wheel tub sizes etc ... I'm not sure how much of it is sitting on the shelf and how much is made to order, but I know at least the wheel tubs are made to order heheh!
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Charlescrown »

Looking good. I like the engine pics and that huge puffer hanging off the side. Oh by the way vlad04 needs to have a look at a HQ manual to see a 4 link rear suspension if he wants to see what they look like. Sorry to stir the hornets nest. The rate of progress is too fast for me to comprehend but I love what I see. I would think the FJ/48215 enthusiast are both cringing and cheering. Keep up the progress reports.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

firebug wrote:So when is your multi link rear end due to arrive Sam?
multilink? how many has it got? :lol:

on a side note, c'mon Sam, only screwing with you. :thumbup: Even google can't decide on what they are called, every man and his dog have their idea on whats what. According to google, most common 4 link is IRS trailing arm lol and 5 link is IRS with 5 links per each wheel, sort of an A arm setup so our opinions don't even count going by that.

Anyway, keen to see that replace the leaf spring setup.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Charlescrown wrote:Looking good. I like the engine pics and that huge puffer hanging off the side. Oh by the way vlad04 needs to have a look at a HQ manual to see a 4 link rear suspension if he wants to see what they look like. Sorry to stir the hornets nest. The rate of progress is too fast for me to comprehend but I love what I see. I would think the FJ/48215 enthusiast are both cringing and cheering. Keep up the progress reports.
Yeah it didn't seem right without the turbo on it, kinda like the heart was missing :D

firebug did tell me I should say to all the cringers that it was a mint one owner job and I turfed the perfectly running original motor etc hehehe :)
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by jenko »

I consider the bellcrank another link.
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

jenko wrote:I consider the bellcrank another link.
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains
lol, me any HQ counted up the springs and shockers, brake lines and ABS cables too. Can't forget them! :lol:
slewinson
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by slewinson »

vlad01 wrote:
jenko wrote:I consider the bellcrank another link.
If you take one link from the middle of a chain you have two chains
lol, me any HQ counted up the springs and shockers, brake lines and ABS cables too. Can't forget them! :lol:
What about bolts, nuts and washers. Don't forget the bushes too! :punk:

Simon