Yeah true aye re: A/C condensor. And pre-existing auto coolers eg: my VT track car.
Those Davies Craig fans are not all they are cracked up to be. SPAL and some of the factory fans eg: AU, EL are amazing and move a shed load more air. I had something similar on the V8 hilux which i pissed off in favour of a derale fan and never had a cooling problem again thereafter.
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I've had good success with the mondeo on commodores. Also heard good things about the BF singke fan set up. Whats with all the ford stuff??
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
it's the only good stuff left obviouslyDylan wrote:I've had good success with the mondeo on commodores. Also heard good things about the BF singke fan set up. Whats with all the ford stuff??
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Is this car doing the 1/4 before Christmas? It's sure looking like it. Fantastic progress. I wish I had the energy and enthusiasm to undertake such a project.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
If it does it will be flintstones style 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
speaking of flintstones style 
I got stuck into removing the sections of floor that were rusted, and I had planned to tie the chassis rails to the inner sills, and when I started on it I realised just how bad they were and that my plans would have to change .....
so I braced a few bits up before I started hacking up the floor too much, in the below pic you can see the passenger side floor pan where I am working on.
As soon as I started getting into the inner sill section I found some dodgy as fuck rust repairs, the weld didn't even hold enough for me to tap it with the chisel!
So at this point I realised that the inner sill was not going to be suitable for what I wanted, and decided it would be full removal and replacement of the inner sill with something more robust!
This is the section that attaches to the b pillar, and as you can see, pitted the whole way along, and at the left hand end, It just folded up as I was trying to remove it!
I had originally attached the four link front crossmember to the end of the inner sill, that has now been removed and all that is left is the outer sill, which has been replaced but not fully welded on so that's a good thing.
I will be getting some 100x50mm tube to run as inner sills, that will make it flush with the floor and meet up nicely with the bottom of the outer sill, then just add a few braces from the chassis rails to these points where the front and middle roll bars will mount to the floor and hopefully it will be solid then!
I got stuck into removing the sections of floor that were rusted, and I had planned to tie the chassis rails to the inner sills, and when I started on it I realised just how bad they were and that my plans would have to change .....
so I braced a few bits up before I started hacking up the floor too much, in the below pic you can see the passenger side floor pan where I am working on.
As soon as I started getting into the inner sill section I found some dodgy as fuck rust repairs, the weld didn't even hold enough for me to tap it with the chisel!
So at this point I realised that the inner sill was not going to be suitable for what I wanted, and decided it would be full removal and replacement of the inner sill with something more robust!
This is the section that attaches to the b pillar, and as you can see, pitted the whole way along, and at the left hand end, It just folded up as I was trying to remove it!
I had originally attached the four link front crossmember to the end of the inner sill, that has now been removed and all that is left is the outer sill, which has been replaced but not fully welded on so that's a good thing.
I will be getting some 100x50mm tube to run as inner sills, that will make it flush with the floor and meet up nicely with the bottom of the outer sill, then just add a few braces from the chassis rails to these points where the front and middle roll bars will mount to the floor and hopefully it will be solid then!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Geez, there won't be much left of the old girl now, will end up almost a full chassis car with a skin on top......
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
found these on my phone
the front section of the inner sill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I reckon!
as for the welds. bird shit ftw!
as for the welds. bird shit ftw!
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yeah they haven't penetrated the metal and are just sitting on top.