FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlt304 »

that is a nice looking head 10.5 should leave room for lots of boost with methanol. how thick is your head gasket?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

was 0.066in in the old motor, but with this head having bigger chambers i'll be running .040 I reckon.
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlt304 »

040'' will give you good quench aria with the new head with 0 deck height 066 would have been loosing a bit of the effect. you may get more timing in now not that it is ever much of a problem with methanol.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

correction, it was 0.051 gasket, that was the only way to get the comp low enough in the previous motor due to 47cc head.

the new motor will be 56cc chamber, zero deck height with flat tops and 0.040 gasket and that should be 9.9-10.2 comp depending where it all ends up at, its less than I had before but I'll make up for it with more boost ;)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Well its been far too long since I've had a free weekend to spend some time in the shed!

I have been thinking of the best way to run the fuel lines from the boot to the motor for a while now and I've finally came up with a solution and got to work on it :)

Mounted some angle between the rear chassis rails and added the bulkhead fittings, these run under the chassis rail into the inner guard and then down the outside of the front chassis rail.
P1130696.jpg
P1130697.jpg
I then used a hole saw to drill through this and added an offcut of 1 3/4 roll bar tube for this little hole :) I will also be doing another one on the other side a bit smaller to suit the brake line to the rear.
P1130698.jpg
I have a shitload or P-clips ready to secure all this but as it will be coming out at least once, the cable ties will do for the time being!

I also received the cover for the kirkey seat which I ordered 8 months ago :)
P1130694.jpg
As you can see in the pic above I have started making a mount for the seat, hopefully soon I can get this positioned and mounted to the floor so then I can continue with the rest of the roll cage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

So this arrived today :turbo:

Its effectively the same size as what I have been running before but its ball bearing, and its also water cooled, so hopefully this will mean quicker spool and more longevity (water cooling)
WP_20170404_08_08_23_Pro.jpg
WP_20170404_08_08_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20170404_08_07_47_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

:turbo: :punk:
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by heff0018 »

Nice..
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

And the surprises just keep coming, I went to the machine shop to sort out another matter, and dead set 2 minutes after I arrived the courier turns up with these.
pistons-rods.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

Xmas is definitely coming early for you this year :D