FX Holden Race Car Project
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
that is a nice looking head 10.5 should leave room for lots of boost with methanol. how thick is your head gasket?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
was 0.066in in the old motor, but with this head having bigger chambers i'll be running .040 I reckon.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
040'' will give you good quench aria with the new head with 0 deck height 066 would have been loosing a bit of the effect. you may get more timing in now not that it is ever much of a problem with methanol.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
correction, it was 0.051 gasket, that was the only way to get the comp low enough in the previous motor due to 47cc head.
the new motor will be 56cc chamber, zero deck height with flat tops and 0.040 gasket and that should be 9.9-10.2 comp depending where it all ends up at, its less than I had before but I'll make up for it with more boost
the new motor will be 56cc chamber, zero deck height with flat tops and 0.040 gasket and that should be 9.9-10.2 comp depending where it all ends up at, its less than I had before but I'll make up for it with more boost
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Well its been far too long since I've had a free weekend to spend some time in the shed!
I have been thinking of the best way to run the fuel lines from the boot to the motor for a while now and I've finally came up with a solution and got to work on it
Mounted some angle between the rear chassis rails and added the bulkhead fittings, these run under the chassis rail into the inner guard and then down the outside of the front chassis rail.
I then used a hole saw to drill through this and added an offcut of 1 3/4 roll bar tube for this little hole
I will also be doing another one on the other side a bit smaller to suit the brake line to the rear.
I have a shitload or P-clips ready to secure all this but as it will be coming out at least once, the cable ties will do for the time being!
I also received the cover for the kirkey seat which I ordered 8 months ago
As you can see in the pic above I have started making a mount for the seat, hopefully soon I can get this positioned and mounted to the floor so then I can continue with the rest of the roll cage.
I have been thinking of the best way to run the fuel lines from the boot to the motor for a while now and I've finally came up with a solution and got to work on it
Mounted some angle between the rear chassis rails and added the bulkhead fittings, these run under the chassis rail into the inner guard and then down the outside of the front chassis rail.
I then used a hole saw to drill through this and added an offcut of 1 3/4 roll bar tube for this little hole
I have a shitload or P-clips ready to secure all this but as it will be coming out at least once, the cable ties will do for the time being!
I also received the cover for the kirkey seat which I ordered 8 months ago
As you can see in the pic above I have started making a mount for the seat, hopefully soon I can get this positioned and mounted to the floor so then I can continue with the rest of the roll cage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So this arrived today
Its effectively the same size as what I have been running before but its ball bearing, and its also water cooled, so hopefully this will mean quicker spool and more longevity (water cooling)
Its effectively the same size as what I have been running before but its ball bearing, and its also water cooled, so hopefully this will mean quicker spool and more longevity (water cooling)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
And the surprises just keep coming, I went to the machine shop to sort out another matter, and dead set 2 minutes after I arrived the courier turns up with these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Xmas is definitely coming early for you this year 