FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by v6bucket »

Coming along nicely. :thumbup:
If you're using a Sonic girdle, pay close attention to the dip stick, before you bolt the sump on.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Charlescrown »

Getting a bit hard to put this car back to original. Saw an EH the other day with a supercharged gen3. He told me he was going to get it engineered on Monday. I wished him good luck with that one. NSW.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

heff0018 wrote:What are you making the turbo manifold out of?
I just recieved a box of steam pipe bends the other day, just waiting on header flanges now! :)
Charlescrown wrote:Saw an EH the other day with a supercharged gen3. He told me he was going to get it engineered on Monday. I wished him good luck with that one. NSW.
yeah not with the blower he wont!
v6bucket wrote:If you're using a Sonic girdle, pay close attention to the dip stick, before you bolt the sump on.
Thanks for the tip! i hadn't even thought about that, but i did go to an external oil pickup because of the girdle! I am going to have to massage the sump a bit so i'll have plenty of time to work it out.
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

Mmm so full of shiny Speedflow trinkets!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
Macca97
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Macca97 »

gota love speedflow, especially when there in town :p
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote:
heff0018 wrote:What are you making the turbo manifold out of?
I just recieved a box of steam pipe bends the other day, just waiting on header flanges now! :)
Cool, that's what mine is made from. Wish I could say I made it myself though.

I will be watching with interest :punk:
Macca97
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Macca97 »

greens nice is up forsale, should buy it and have twins ;), oh how id love to buy it,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

if only I had the room and money!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

So I finally got the bits I need to progress a few areas :punk:
1.jpg
So this little adaptor allows me to run an external oil pickup
2.jpg
And this fitting will be welded to the side of the sump with the pickup welded inside, for reference this is a chev pickup I found on ebay.
3.jpg
I also got around to cutting out the end of the surge tank base and made a mount for the lift pump, so the fuel system is in the boot at least is 100% complete now aside from wiring.
4.jpg
5.jpg
Also started making up some piping for the turbo manifold, I've decided on a location for the turbo and slowly starting to work through that puzzle, mind you its going to be a walk in the park compared to the room I had in the gemini!
6.jpg
7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

Nice progress.